Friday, May 16, 2008

I'M AN AUNTIE!!!

Thank you everyone for your prayers for Katie and Tony yesterday!!! I'm officially an auntie!!! Whoo-hoo! Katie and Tony are now parents!!!

As of yesterday at 1215 p.m. I FINALLY became an auntie! Baby Luke Dean Mason was born!!! 7 pounds, 4 ounces, 19 inches long! It was soooo fast. Katie had stayed home yesterday from work cause of spotting. I was on my way there with Taylor so we could go hand out. Then she calls and tell me her water broke. This was just before 10 a.m. She called the hospital and they told her she could drive herself but I tried to convince her to wait for me since I was already on my way. But as I pulled up to her complex she was already in her car. She wanted to make sure she had her car and bags and stuff. I insisted on driving but that didn't work. So I was left to follow behind her. We got to the hospital shortly after 10. We waited in the room and she had her first internal check by the doctor and next thing you know she was wisked away to ER for an emergency c-section (just like me). The cord was wrapped or something like it was right at the opening so they had to take out baby Luke asap! It happened soooo fast! They ended up knocking her out since her body wasn't responding fast enough to the spinal and in the midst of the c-section they found 4 fibroids that the doctor took out too. She was in recovery for a while as we all admired baby Luke through the nursery window. When she finally came out of recovery...she was sooo out of it and very tired. She could barely enjoy and hold baby Luke. All the family was there.

Jino, Taylor and I finally left at 420 p.m. We came back at 820 p.m. since Jino left his car there. So, we decided to see them once more. Praise God, Katie looked much better and was able to enjoy baby Luke and she was able to breastfeed. Baby Luke is sooooo cute.


mama katie and baby luke

luke dean mason

taylor and baby cousin luke who she loves very much!

3 comments:

Townsend said...

SO PRECIOUS!!! congrats to katie! love the pic of taylor with luke :)

Anne said...

I can't wait to visit!

krissamartinez said...

i LOVE that picture of taylor with luke!