Friday, August 8, 2008

a blog written by my hubby

What are the chances?

Thursdays are usually the days Selle and I usually set aside for what we call “date nights”. We usually drop Taylor off at either my parents house, or Joe and Krissa’s apartment so they can babysit, while we go out and do our thing. It’s kind of nice to just stop being a dad for a little bit, and become “Rico Suave” again =).

So yesterday, we did our usual thing, go out to eat, and then shop a little bit. On our drive home, we had a funny conversation that went like this:

Selle: Man it is hard being pregnant

Jino: Do you want me to call the “Waaa-ambulance?” (sarcastically)

Selle: You try being pregnant!

Jino: I would if I could, I’d fight for you, I’d lie for you, walk the world for you, I’d die for you. (that’s a Bryan Adams song by the way…super cheesy!)

Selle: Singing: “Look into my eyes, and you will see, what you mean to me….” (more of the Bryan Adams song)

Selle: Why aren’t we listening to love songs on the coast?

I turn the radio on to none other than 103.5 the coast, and guess what’s playing: Bryan Adams! It wasn’t as if it was playing in the middle of the song either, it was right at the beginning, with the cheesy music going. We just about lost it, laughing hysterically, singing along! It was an unforgettable moment….what are the chances?

2 comments:

Iris said...

i can just hear the both of you laughing - hahahahaha!

♥ said...

Jino, you call yourself a Bryan Adams fan? Dude, it's "walk the wire" man ... walk the wire!!!!!!

I keeed!

Anyway, I do hope you and Selle keep enjoying your date nights! It's important. :)