I know a lot of you are curious as to how Reagan has been doing. Simply put, currently she is doing well. She is eating, sleeping, pooping like most 2 week old babies do. There is however still many question marks in regards to her health. What we do know for sure is that Reagan has a hearing impairment, but we do not know to what extent. She will be seeing a pediatric ENT Specialist that can hopefully determine this. Her vision is still suspect. She has underdeveloped optic nerves, so the doctors can’t say for sure if she has vision. Again, we will be seeing a specialist that can hopefully give us more answers.
Reagan also had an MRI done at birth and they found several Brain anomalies. The doctors do not know how this will play out in the future, but they are saying that Reagan is at high risk for development delays. As I write this, my heart breaks and tears start to form in my eyes. I look back at when I first found out that we were having another girl, and remember the bit of disappointment that she wasn’t a boy, and then remember the secondary thought of: “I just want a healthy baby”. Those words ring so loudly in my mind. Many parents say it in passing taking it for granted, I say it crying to Jesus with every ounce of emotion and faith that is in me.
We are in search of earthly answers to try and ease our minds a bit. We do not know how many questions will be answered. We do not know what Jesus has in store for us, but what we do know is that no matter what happens His GRACE is enough for us. Although emotionally I don’t feel it at times, the fact still remains, his GRACE is enough! We get through every day by trying to focus on Jesus and not on the situation. We pray every day, that our hearts get molded to accept his will. Although the desire of our hearts as parents is for Reagan to be healthy, we pray that our hearts will be able to accept whatever comes our way. Disabled or not, we will love you Reagan Grace for who you are, and we thank Jesus for the miracle of life that has been given to us.
Thank you everyone for your support! Thank you to those that brought dinners to us, and most importantly, thank you to everyone that said a prayer for us!
4 comments:
Jino, Selle, Taylor, Payton, Reagan, I'm praying for you. Christ is our refuge, and our comfort.
...".God's love endures...so measureless and strong.....Redeeming Grace..."....for in His Care we all sustain that Love that only He declares....jino,selle.....our prayers be upheld in Grace....thy physician knoweth all.....
praying for baby reagan...sweet sweet girl!
Post a Comment