Thursday, February 28, 2008

high blood pressure

i have it. oh no! i'm way tooo young for this. and i run all the time-so i'm not out of shape. it's my adding salt habit. oo much sodium! oh no! pray for me. my blood pressure is way to high. it's what they call-hypertension (right?!). so now i'm on meds to lower my blood pressure. i freaked myself out at my parents yesterday when i took my blood pressure. i thought i'd take it cause i've been having headaches everyday and wondered if it had to do with my blood pressure. and ya it does. so i was making a dr. appt but there wasn't any left for the day yesterday. i was going to make an appt for today but then when they found out how high my blood pressure was they said to take myself to urgent care! :( sucks. so ya, i'm on meds. my mom reminded me too that i was on it when i was pregos with taylor-cause it was high then. and she said i took myself off it once taylor was born. bad move. i wasn't supposed to do that. well, anyhow pray the meds lower it. the only thing i hate is that it makes me go pee a lot.

2 comments:

Anne said...

You know I'm praying for you since I'm so worried about you! I am sure that the meds, DASH diet and relaxing and letting go of stress will help you out a lot. I wasn't on meds, but DASH and consciously trying to chill out helped mine go back to normal (granted mine wasn't as high as yours). But I'm praying for 120/80 or lower for your next check!

Anne said...

Maybe as runners are just too buff for our own good. Ha ha.