Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rea's 1st IEP

Tomorrow morning we are going to be making one of the biggest decisions we have to make for Reagan- regarding school. She's got her very 1st IEP for preschool placement. It shouldn't be such a hard decision, after all we have 2 older girls who we sent to preschool right at 3. But there's something about just us (me, papa and Rea) in a room full of all kinds of teachers, therapists, nurses, principals and specialists of all kinds that is a bit intimidating and overwhelming. This is a huge decision!!! We want to make sure we make the right decision and do what's best for Rea. She's got the option to be in a state preschool for special needs kids 5 days a week/half days. I'm not sure Rea's ready or we're ready to take big jump to 5 days a week. I'm more game for a gradual increase...start her at 2-3 days a week then jump to 5. Yet at the same time we don't want to be selfish and deprive her of services she could be getting if she went 5 days a week. Then there's the whole bussing her or driving her-she's only 3!!! She's technically still 2 right now and I can't imagine her sending her on a bus far away!!! Oh my!!! It's our little girl, our baby. Am I ready? is she ready? She turns 3 on Monday, October 14th and they expect her to start school on Monday, October 14th. All I know...all we know is that we want what is BEST for Rea. We want her to grow and to thrive and to get stronger and have all the opportunities she can get in life!!! Please keep us in prayer tomorrow morning at Rea's IEP meeting!!!

No comments: